Posted on: October 11, 2017
The Thompson Rivers University WolfPack women’s volleyball team will travel to Langley and Vancouver for the annual “West Coast Classic’ exhibition tournament.
The ‘Pack have a preseason record of 1-3 and take on the University of Alberta Pandas, University of Calgary Dinos and the Mount Royal University Cougars. The first match is going to be held at the Langley Events Centre with the other two in Vancouver at UBC’s War Memorial Gym.
Date: Thursday Oct 12 vs Alberta Time: 6 PM PST
Friday Oct 13 vs Calgary 7 PM PST
Saturday Oct 14 vs Mount Royal 2 PM PST
Location: Thursday at Langley Events Centre in Langley, BC. The other two matches at War Memorial Gym at UBC in Vancouver, BC
Important Game Notes:
The WolfPack will play all three schools this year (as per usual) in league play. They visit Alberta on Dec 2-3rd before the Christmas break, at Mount Royal to open the second half of the season on Jan 5-6th while Calgary visits the Tournament Capital Centre in Kamloops, BC on January 26-27th.
Thoughts from WolfPack head coach Chad Grimm:
1. Thoughts going into this week’s tournament-It will be a good chance to get in some matches against three quality opponents before we head into league next weekend.
2. Where is the team as far as where you want it to be going into the final two weeks of the pre season?-I like the depth that we have shown and now we just have to clean up our play away from the ball so we don’t give away too many free points. Like any team, if our reception and service game can be stable then I like our chances.
3. What has surprised you most about the team’s play?-We have shown a good level of flexibility in switching line ups and looking at different things that will help our team be successful.
4. What are you expecting out of this week’s matches?-We are still a little bit injured so we will need everyone to be ready to go and contribute in order to be ready as a group heading into the home opener next weekend.
5. How solid is your starting line up right now or are there still jobs up for grabs?-I think jobs are always up for grabs and the girls that take that opportunity and run with it will be on the floor for our team.