Posted on: January 24, 2018
After a week off, it is back to work for the Thompson Rivers University WolfPack women’s basketball team.
With two weeks left in the Canada West regular season, the WolfPack will hop the bus to Langley, BC to meet up with the vastly improved Trinity Western University Spartans.
The teams will play Friday and Saturday nights (Jan 26-27) at the Langley Events Centre.
Following the weekend, TRU returns home to close out the regular season against the Brandon University Bobcats (Feb 2-3).
Date: Friday January 26/Saturday January 27 Time: 6 pm/5 pm PDT
Location: Langley Events Centre, Langley, BC
TRU Record: 7-9 (12th in Canada West) Last 5 Games: 1-4 (2-6 at home)
Trinity Western Record: 12-4 (3rd in Canada West) Last 5 Games: 3-2 (4-3 on road)
Important Game Notes:
The Spartans are led by Tessa Ratzlaff who is fifth in the Canada West in points per game (17.4). Thompson Rivers main offensive weapon is Michelle Bos (4th year, guard, Surrey, BC) who is averaging 11.1 points per game. Shenise Sigsworth (5th year, forward, Kamloops, BC) leads the Pack in rebounding averaging 6.3 per game.
Thoughts from WolfPack head coach Scott Reeves:
1. How did you utilize your bye week? We ran normal practices and scrimmaged a boys team
2. What did you work on in preparation for Trinity Western? They are playing with a ton of confidence right now. They cut very hard and work as a unit of 5 on the floor. We have to be sharp defensively and talk.
3. You played them in a pair of exhibition games during the holiday season, how did that experience help in preparing for this weekend? Those games are usually just to get our legs back after such a long layoff in Dec. We looked at some match ups but mostly it was about getting a run in.
4. They seem to have made a remarkable turnaround from their fortunes the last couple of years. In your opinion, what have they done? They are a more mature team and play so well together on the floor. Everyone is on the same page and they have all the pieces needed to win at this level. Strong guard play, forwards that score and rebound.
5. Going into this weekend, how much do you have to have the team focus on the game at hand rather than possible playoff implications? That’s all we ever do. We always focus on the game at hand. You don’t talk playoffs until the task in front of you is done.
If you can’t make the game/match: watch online (pay per view) at www.canadawesttv.ca
Home game/match highlights will be available by logging onto www.gowolfpack.tru.ca